Monday, December 15, 2014

Wow! I used to make fun of people who would call themselves bloggers.  It sounded so pretentious and bourgeois.  I always imagined them being those cafe latte drinkers who would drink red wine with dinner and knew how to take care of orchids.  I am none of these people.  I don't even drink coffee, I don't drink any kind of alcoholic beverage and even if I am looking at an orchid from a window they die on me.  So why I'm I blogging?  Couple of reasons: my sister Najla thought it would be therapeutic for me since my illness.  I have soooooo much to say and the listeners around me have heard it already so cast a wider net of listeners, but more importantly and I reluctantly say this out loud I am hoping my words could bring either a smile on someones face, provoke a thought that could change their mind for the better,  be an outlet for them to escape their own lives, or better yet my words could cause someone to help just one other person.  There is a Afghan Proverb "every drop ends up making an ocean."
By nature I am an extremely private person.  I have actually lost friends for not sharing too much about my personal thoughts and or feelings.  So this adventure of blogging will be something for me to cross off my bucket list before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment